Friday 2 September 2011

The Last Night!


August 8, 2010 (Sunday)

11.30pm
I was angry with him over a petty issue. He came home late from his friend's place & I was waiting for him. I gave him blunt replies for everything that he asked me. We spoke to mom over the phone before sleeping, she was in Jaipur for her office trip. After talking to her, we went to sleep...

August 9, 2010 (Monday)

1.00am
I thought he was snoring, but it sounded very unusual. I woke him up & asked him to sleep properly. There was silence for a few seconds & it started again. It was something weird. I put on the lights & saw him gasping. He was struggling to breathe. He put all his fingers in his mouth to open it, so that he could breathe. He was in pain & sweating a lot. And I panicked. I got him a glass of chilled water, he didn't drink it. He was unconscious. I wiped his face with a napkin, trying to be calm. But deep inside, I was scared just like anyone else of my age would be. I felt helpless. All I could think at that time was to inform my mom about it. She further informed her brother & in-laws.



But he shut his eyes. His body was cold & pale. He stopped breathing. It was over, within a few minutes my world came crashing down. MY FATHER WAS DEAD! He was lying dead right in front of me & I was sitting helpless next to him.
1.30am
My relatives came over. But it was too late for anything to be done at that time. I knew it was over, but I was still hoping for a miracle.

2.00am
My relatives & dad's friends took him to the hospital for a shock treatment. Its been an hour since he died. Everyone knew how much we loved each other. He loved me more than his wife. No one wanted to confirm the news to me, but I was adamant to know.

2.30am
Everyone returned home silent! Then came his body. I felt my soul died. My life came to a standstill. I couldn't imagine a day without seeing/talking to him. Spending the rest of my life without him was like living an aimless life.


Since that day my world turned upside-down. Nothing seemed to be right. I still search for the same love & affection. I miss him a lot & no
one can replace him ever. . .




4 comments:

  1. I LOVED IT.......................... bt felt like Crying while reading it..
    -The BEST blOg Ever...!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much!
    It means a lot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Imagine, what the girl must have been through when this happened in real.

    ReplyDelete