Wednesday 31 August 2011

Karma.....

I was never a big believer of past life, karma and philosophical stuff like that.. All my life, (of whatever I've lived so far) i have always believed, hard work always pays.. I am a believer in God, being born in a Tamil Bhramin family, that is the least my parents would expect..I thought God helps those who help themselves... Words like fate, destiny, the circle of life, what goes around..comes back around are nothing but excuses for not succeeding, and never had any significant meaning in my life.. I often ignored all this, thinking it is nothing but just another kitty party topic..



For those of who who don't know, i flunked my CA exams, in the results announced 3 weeks back... and i am not exaggerating, i had out my heart and soul into it.. For 1 year, i had studied as if my life depends on it... As it turned out, i flunked the exams when almost All my friends cleared and are employed.. I am not trying to say, that i flunked because of my karma, or whatever, my point is, i deserved better... the point is not the cliche', "why me?", maybe i may be flawed..i may have gone terribly wrong somewhere.. But i couldn't help my thoughts becoming so philosophical..

This might be the reason, elders usually say, Be good and Do good all the time... Maybe Karma will be a lesser bitch if we be so.. We all talk about Karma and how it haunts people.. so what is this so called ghost called Karma?? Karma is a principle by which a person is rewarded or punished in a particular birth, or incarnation, according to the deeds or actions of a previous incarnation..! Sounds more like, u don't have the licence to be bad ever..! if you are, well, watch out, someone is watching you...! I don't know if i failed in spite of disciplined efforts because of my Karma, i of-course don't know what i was and how i was in my so called 'previous incarnation'.. But i cant help but spare a thought for it... As the events are unfolding in front of me, my own life, the life of people around me, i sure do at the moment think, Karma is the biggest bitch..!!

It reminds me of the famous speech by Steve Jobs where he talks about, how the happenings of today's events may not make sense right now, but in the future, the dots will automatically connect... and the picture would be clear that day.. not today of tomorrow... Living today hoping to be a passing phase and wishing for a bigger brighter future..... As the saying goes... " If it's not right, it's not the end............"

2 comments:

  1. Amazing post dude!
    im so sure there was some error in your paper checking, you should so have given your papers for revaluation..!
    -Abhishek.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No bro.. That's the point.. It's the biggest bitch in the world.. KARMA..! Wen it hits you, it hits you hard. Like I said, All this has a greater meaning to what meets the eye... Just got to give it sometime.. I'm sure the dots will connect.... And the reasons wouldlear at that time..!

    ReplyDelete